Tuesday, March 24, 2009

White Pony Banner Nonsense

I spent a good chunk of my day creating what I believe to be the penultimate banner for White Pony. What I've discovered is that penultimate banners are roughly 10-20 times the size of normal banners and thus useless.

Here is the penultimate banner I created...



This animated beauty clocks in at 830 k... more than 8 times the top size any reasonable website lets you use for an advertising banner. But you can't argue that it's not beautiful so don't even try. This is the Citizen Kane/Godfather II of banner ads.


After fiddling around with the idea a bit I was able to alter it an come up with this slightly less awesome version that without any optimization clocks in at about 55 k.



Perfectly serviceable.

1 comment:

  1. I know I have a clear bias but you are right. It's friggin' sweet. Excellent work my friend.

    ReplyDelete