Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sketching for the Kids

I was telling Lindsey this morning that funny things happen at Periscope all the time and if you aren't there you end up missing out on jokes that start getting referenced later.



One example that I love came from one studio member asking another where her coat was obtained. This prompted a conversation about 'Delia's' catalogs being used in an inappropriate context considering the common age of the models within-thus for the last few weeks at least half a dozen Delia's catalogs have been floating around the studio. If I hadn't been there for that I'd miss out on the chuckle I get every time I pick up an issue of Punisher and find a sunny picture of a tween girl in new spring poncho priced at 19.99. I love that place.

This is my IRONMAN sketch that a kid left behind.



In other news the kids asked me to draw Ironman so I did. This is my Ironman drawn without sketching. I've been trying to imagine the image I want to render as fully a possible before I commit any line to paper. Drawing that way is a good exercise for keeping your designs clean and your drawings precise. I feel like I'm getting better more quickly in little ways every day and thinking about image making differently. Though it has some issues and it feels kind of stiff to me now I still like it.

I was searching for zombie comics online to prepare for my own little series of zombie stories and I found this site called XOMBIFIED.COM



I couldn't find any complete comics but they had some great flash animations and I found myself enjoying those the same way I would a good comic. It is apparently pretty popular having been viewed some 17 million times? I'm not a huge fan of anything that hints at anime but I could overlook that in favor of how fun and well put together some of the sequences were. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment