Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spelunking In The Webcomics Caves

I have been looking online for my 'Pick of the Post'and I have found some terrible stuff which I won't post and, like gems in the real world, there are small pockets of treasure amongst the dreck. One such ruby is this short (I assume ongoing) series drawn by Yvel Guichet about a guy walking around on a celestial body of some sort. Nathan always gives me a hard time for only looking at the art but it is immediate, I am pressed for time and drawing is what I like best so I am inclined to give the drawings a once over before I read the story. It was the first thing after actively searching for an hour that didn't make me want to pull my hair out in frustration. It has a strange title but it is beautiful so go take a look:

A WALK ON MONS OLYMPUS




I have a whole litany of things that I discovered since; but I'll put them up one at a time as I do future posts. Why read this blog a lot when you can get all the picks o' the post in one entry? That would be silly.

I'm also going to post a page of White pony as I do it in sequence. First the rough pencils:



This is the initial laying down of the idea and most of the time I won't get any tighter than this because I like to go straight to the pen (a uniball vision available at any Fred Meyer or Target)which I use for its' reliable nature and water-fastness. Nathan and I wanted this to be a loose off the cuff comic and I like to use loos off the cuff materials much to the chagrin of all my friends at Periscope.

I've been trying to keep these pages to a 2 hour deadline and I think I'm still in that vicinity but it depends on the page. I also end up doing them in episodic bursts. It might be that I have some time in the morning or at night when I get home from the day job.

It has been a busy week and that includes band practice, CVA (Cavemen V.S. Aliens) and whatever time I can fit in with Lindsey. This weekend will continue the thrill ride of events with EMERALD CITY COMIC CON! Expect pictures and a comprehensive review/account of doings and transpirings... Here is a little CVA for y'all:



This is the part of the story where they gas him with alien fumes and he relinquishes his club and spear. I will eventually paint over this with watercolor and post that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment