Friday, March 13, 2009

If Chuck Close Worked In Yarn

I went to Stumptown Coffee on the way to the studio to get my $1.50 friday treat of an 8 oz columbian brew and I was pleasantly surprised by the art adorning their walls. The pieces looked like painted portraits from outside and, once on the other side of the glass, they turned out to be much more labor intensive: crochet. Here is one I thought was really cool.



For the rest check out artist Jo Hamilton's web site:

JO HAMILTON

As a (former) painter I think they have a real vibrancy and one doesn't long for more to look at. They are richly constructed and deserve/demand more than a quick pass with the eye.

As for me I am about to start another session at Periscope and I'm already feeling great about the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment