Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Outreach.

Nathan, Sara and I had our (Mostly) weekly meeting tonight and we came to the conclusion that we should be trying to connect with the rather substantial web-community that is out there so that we can...

A: Find cool new stuff to get us charged up about making comics etc.

and

B: Start establishing a web presence that will help the flow of traffic toward our comics and blog.

In this way, we hope, we will cease to be a lonely island of nerds toiling in anonymity and could potentially make some new friends via those sites on the Internet where people are making comics. We represent a certain demographic and there are others like us. Now it is time to begin finding those people and sharing their cool offerings, in addition to our own, through this very blog. In this attempt at techno-diplomacy we hope to build some solidarity for all those of our same ilk, those with an appreciation and love of free comics. Nathan and I are committing to share one interesting/cool/relevant site with you per post.

Let the experiment begin!

I just checked this guy Joey Manley's site out and it is particularly relevant to the discussions that Nathan and I have been having for the past year in so much as he talks specifically about webcomics, creators, the business of comics and a host of other comics developments.



Check it out: TALK ABOUT COMICS BLOG

I know I'll be checking it out on the regular.

Also I am committing to post a picture of some sort with every installment so here is a picture I made (commissioned) a kid draw for me today:

No comments:

Post a Comment