Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Victory is Expensive

I won a string-bender on ebay and that is exciting for two reasons; My telecaster is going to be a tricked out hotrod country guitar supreme and I'd never bid on anything before. I also found some Jorge Zaffino Comics for sale on ebay and they are super cheap.

Nathan, Sarah and I had a Melee meeting tonight and it was suggested that I write about more than comics to make the blog more relatable to non comics people inn addition to my fellow nerds. Case in point- I saw the most adorable thing I've ever encountered in person: a baby pug dog. Out on a field trip to the Portland Art Museum, with the kids from the Arts program I teach at, we saw the cute little muffin across the grass from that huge statue of Teddy Roosevelt on the park blocks: I dubbed him Admiral Q. T. Wiggles. He had bowed legs and a fiesty attitude. He was battling one of those spikey haried pomeranians. His larger yet dandy foe was cowering at his barely audible chirps. He was the size of a kitten. Even a battle hardened Navy Seal would've inadvertantly started babbling in baby talk upon encountering his twitchy tail and walleyed stare. All my Art 4 Life kids were enthralled. Lastly: he was being carried around in a woman's purse

Here's to you Admiral.

...And here's to those ebay losers who didn't win the Hispshot B-bender with G palm lever and drop D toggle.

I doff my cap at add cordially "in your faces"

Your consolation can be that you got to keep your $148.51

1 comment:

  1. I thought that I was the most adorable thing you had ever seen in person :(

    ReplyDelete