Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Site, New Ideas

The things that we are currently working on are all centered around the re-launch of the website. Nathan has been toiling diligently to get it all together. I am drawing a new introductory comic for the site navigation. That is the skinny on Melee stuff for the week.

I spent some time installing my B-bender which is going to be really super sweet once I get used to the options it provides. My advice to any of you who install stuff on guitars you care about; don't try and do it while you are feeling excited and hasty because you might break a titanium drill bit and have to spend several hours sanding around it with files until you get it out again. Ignoring the silliness of such a hypothetical: I love the bender.

I will share a link sent to me by Jeff Parker and Colleen Coover who found this guy's stuff on DeviantArt.com

It is petty rad

It is by a guy who goes by Balak01-he is French and a total bad ass. Both these images are from his tutorials:



He talks abut the potential for digital comics and how you can still give the reader control over the flow of time. It provides dramatic real possibilities for capturing the rhythm necessary in comedy, horror, action... pretty much any genre could be enhanced by the techniques and tools available through the potential advances that the computer format makes possible. You will just have to check it out for yourself:



DIGITAL COMICS TUTORIAL LINK 1

DIGITAL COMICS TUTORIAL LINK 2

Colleen gave me a button with her artwork on it and Jeff gave me a soap covered 'Agents of Atlas' trade paperback (a whole other story) and lunch. These are great people. I love Periscope.

No comments:

Post a Comment