Thursday, January 15, 2009

Welcome to our world of Blog

I'm spending my time lately finishing the lettering and dialog for a project that Ben was hired for. I think the project is going to turn out really well but we've definitely learned some things about how to charge for projects and what we need to do them well.

After I'm finished with the project (hopefully this weekend) I'm going to be finishing up our new website design and getting up a lot of new content as well. Ben and I are plugging away at Cavemen vs. Aliens but the thing that I am really excited about is our new fantasy webcomic Tales from the White Pony which is going to be, as the kids say, "off the hook". What I like so much about White Pony is that unlike most of the fantasy web comics I see out there right now it is a cross between dramatic and funny. Most comics I've seen are either completely slapsticky or have no sense of humor about themselves at all. Now that's not to say that they aren't good it's just not what I'm looking for most of the time.

For any of you who have done a little Nerd Gambling (anything with dice) in your day you know that there is a sense of fun in the air. People toss jokes around in between and when killing Orcs and drinking mead... Ben and I just wanted to create a comic that had that same energy to it.

Well welcome to our blog and as a treat here are the first few pages of Tales from the White Pony.

- Nathan


No comments:

Post a Comment