Friday, January 23, 2009

Fun and Progress

Today I worked at Periscope on some of my own pages for CVA and I did some erasing for Colleen.

There is tangible progress in my thought process as well as my speed. Eventhough I'm actually redoing some pages of CVA I feel like it's going to be subtantially stronger and further along in a shorter span of time because I'm not plauged by compositional abiguity. I was able to draw out an entire 2 page spread and ink about a third of it inn the span of about 4 hours.

The studio is fun and I am finally feeling like I can say things as I now know a few people in more than a peripheral way. I am tired a lot because I am engaged on many fronts aside from the internship but I feel like I'm really doing something. It is like that Teddy Roosevelt quote; "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." Though the work may not seem hard or worth doing to everyone, it is exactly what I want to do. It is comforting to know that from practical experience with an environment where I see it and get to participate in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment