Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Upcoming Villainy!

Here at Periscope we do a lot of different projects and, in the interest of avoiding spoilers, I try not to post anything for a while after I do it. In this case I had drawn a bunch of images for Ben Thompson's upcoming sequel to his book Badass: A Relentless Onslaught of the Toughest Warlords, Vikings, Samurai, Pirates, Gunfighters, and Military Commanders to Ever Live. I will share a few detail shots from a larger double page spread of three villains.




I also did a picture of Ragnarok and Kali for the volume as well but if you want to see those drawings then you'll have o get the book. More art and tomfoolery on Thursday!

I happened to come across a cool blog today and I suggest you all check it out. It's called There Are Four Lights and I enjoyed the concepts she deals with because the same themes are dear to my heart.

I do not typically enjoy 'Manga' style drawing but that is not an absolute hard and fast rule. I'm open to good work done along those lines especially if it is in conjunction with compelling subject matter. I am appreciative of Miss Sara Mayhew's mind if not her preferred approach to drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment