Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Earth's Mightiest Heroes Again: Brought To You By Crayola

Here are the pencils for my most recent Avengers page:



Since I've been in an Avengers mood lately I drew this one with crayons while at school with the kids.



Then I commissioned another of my students to draw my comics's characters. I give you (clockwise from top) Sloar, Loranna and Filmore from White pony courtesy of Maxime (I think.) There were jelly beans exchanged.



My pick of the post is a webcomic by my new friend Sara Burrini! She is German and recently returned to our fair country to continue her association and studies with the folks at Periscope. She was previously and intern just like me. You can find her comic, the title of which translates to "Life Ain't No Pony Farm" at this link

Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof via webcomics nation.



She told me that you can turn on google's 'hilarious' translation. I am going to try it and if unsuccessful; learn German. Sara is going back to Germany this Thursday so farewell Sara-check in with her comics and her professional progress as she is a cartooning Juggernaut destined for greatness. Seeing her reckoning with the same obstacles I struggle against on the long climb to a job in comics gives me hope-we're in it together! Check out the fabulous Ms. Burrini.

No comments:

Post a Comment